Bogusława Ilgner (* July 9, 1913 Lviv- † October 4, 1982 Rabka) pianist, composer and teacher. She studied piano at the Music Conservatory in Lviv. During the Second World War, she was active in the Home Army as a liaison officer. After the war, she and her husband moved to Rzeszów. There, she started working at the State Music School, teaching piano and leading children’s choirs. During this period, she began to compose her first songs. In 1952 she wrote the first Polish children’s opera The Magic Flower, performed by children (soloists, choir, orchestra and ballet). In 1955 she moved to Warsaw. She started working at the Primary Music School in the Włochy district, at the same time teaching at the Secondary Music School at Miodowa Street and at the Ballet College, where she lectured on music theory. At the same time, she continued to compose songs, and in the early 1960s she created her second children’s opera The Ring of Freaks.
List of the composer’s works with a biographical note on the website.