Ewelina Nowicka (* 1982 Gdańsk-) Polish violinist, teacher and composer living and working in Hamburg. Awarded at violin and composition competitions. In 2008, she was honored with the Förderpreis for Kaddish1944 for violin and piano (2007) at the Jugend Komponiert in Berlin.
The artist is a passionate seeker of unknown musical territories. Thanks to her efforts, she saw the light of day, among others the score of Ludomir Różycki’s Violin Concerto, Op. 70, which was immortalized along with the composer’s other works on the album. (available here)
The artist’s current website. Information is also available on the website Koryfeusz Muzyki Polskiej and polmic.
Works with violin:
- Capriccio diabolo per violino solo (1996)
- Violin Concerto No. 1 “Obsession” for violin, xylophone and chamber orchestra (1998)
- Violin Concerto No. 2 “Concerto ebraico” for violin and symphony orchestra (1999)
- Rococco trio for three violins (2000)
- Violin Concerto No. 3 “Saltatio vitae et mortis” for violin, harpsichord and chamber orchestra (2004)
- Sonata variabilis for solo violin (2005)
- Meditation für Violine und Klavier (2006)
- Kaddisch1944 für Violine und Klavier (2007) (recording part I), (part II)
- Kaddisch 1944 for violin and string orchestra (2007)
- Stravinskana für Violine solo (2008)
- Jongleurs for two violins (2009) (recording)
- Glezele Yash for violin and piano (2010)
- Atonali for solo violin (2010)
- Strawinskana for solo violin (2012)
- Hasida for two violins, cello and piano (2013)
- Haggada for solo violin (2018)
- Hava Nagila Variations for two violins (2020) (recording)
- Orient Express for soprano, mezzo-soprano, clarinet, violin, flute, two Toy – Piano and piano (2020)
- Cinderella – fur Violine und drei Toypianos
The album: Ewelina Nowicka – “Musik fur Violine und Klavier” as interpreted by the artist herself can be ordered here.